Anthropology - Cultural and Linguistic Links
Indexes and Abstracts
- CIKARD Searchable Databases - Center for Indigenous Knowledge for Agriculture and Rural Development (CIKARD) at Iowa State University
- Southeast Asian Serials Index - more than 100 major academic and current affairs journals
- Gallica - Bureau of American Ethnology Annual Reports online
- HADDON - Online catalog of archival ethnographic film footage, 1895-1945
- Human Relations Area Files (HRAF) - HRAF produces two major collections (the HRAF Collection of Ethnography and the HRAF Collection of Archaeology), encyclopedias, and other resources for teaching and research and is designed to facilitate comparative studies of human behavior, society, and culture.
- The Linguist List - A site dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world.
- One Hundred Years of Anthropology in Costa Rica; a bibliography
- Topical Index of Linguistic Resources - Summer Institute of Linguistics International provides a variety of links covering topics such as grammar, lexiography, morphology, phoenetics, semiology, semantics, and textual analysis.
Selected Web Sites
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission - Web link for Australian Aborigines and Studies Library
- Aboriginal Studies WWW Virtual Library - Resources in Australian Aboriginal studies
- Ethnographics Gallery - Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing at the University of Kent at Canterbury. Includes a bibliography of social anthropology, and of theses done in the UK on social anthropology
- Kinship and Social Organization, an Interactive Tutorial - University of Manitoba
- Musee d'Ethnographie of Geneve
- The Summer Institute of Linguistics in Mexico - Including Lexical Materials (dictionaries & vocabularies as PDF files)
- University Museum Library Map Collection - Listing of large scale maps currently at the Museum Library
- Native American Sites
- NativeWeb - Resources related to indigenous peoples around the world
- Soros Foundation - Network of National Foundation for the Development of an Open Society