Anthropology - Ancient Studies Links
Indexes and Abstracts
- KAPATIJA - Web Sites in Aegean & Classical Archaeology.
- Directory of North American Egyptologists
- International Directory of Egyptology - This list includes most of the universities, museums and other institutions of international Egyptology as well as the names of Egyptologists working there.
- Egyptology Resources - University of Cambridge
- Etana Core Texts - University of Chicago Contains downloadable pdf documents of primary sources and early site reports from Egypt and the Near East
- Gnomon Bibliographische Datenbank The online supplement to Gnomon Bibliographische Datenbank: indexes books, book articles, and some journals, 1997 onwards.
- Tables of Contents of Journals of Interest to Classicists TOCS-IN provides the tables of contents of a selection of Classics, Near Eastern Studies, and Religion journals, both in text format and through a Web search program. Where possible, links are given with articles of which the full text or an abstract is available online (about 15%).
Selected Web Sites
- ABZU: Guide to Resources for the Study of the Ancient Near East - Oriental Institute, Chicago.
- American Schools of Oriental Research - ASOR supports and encourages the study of the peoples and cultures of the Near East, from the earliest times to the present.
- Archaeological Institute of America - AIA is North America's oldest and largest organization devoted to the world of archaeology with nearly 250,000 members and subscribers belonging to more than 100 local AIA societies in the United States, Canada, and overseas.
- American Oriental Society - The AOS encourages basic research in the languages and literatures of Asia including such subjects as philology, literary criticism, textual criticism, paleography, epigraphy, linguistics, biography, archaeology, and the history of the intellectual and imaginative aspects of Oriental civilizations.
- Antiquity of Man - Current Research projects focusing on prehistoric and hominid research in North Africa
- ARCE: The American Research Center in Egypt - Offices in Cairo and Atlanta, Ga.
- Centre for Computer-Aided Egyptological Research - Utrecht University, Department of Religious Studies - Faculty of Theology
- Digital Egypt for Universities - An excellent resource for all things ancient Egypt provided by University College London and the Petrie Museum
- Duke Papyrus Archive - Special Collections Library at Duke University. Provides electronic access to texts about and images of 1,373 papyri from ancient Egypt
- Egypt Exploration Society
- Egyptian Antiquity Information - Ministry of Tourism, Egypt, and the Egyptian Tourist Authority
- Egyptian Museum, Berlin - Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
- Egyptian Museum, Cairo - Egypt's Information Portal
- The Griffith Institute at the Ashmolean Museum
- Guardian's Egypt - Website featuring news from the Supreme Council of Antiquities of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology - University of Memphis
- Louvre, Paris - Egyptian Antiquities Department
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York - Egyptian Collection
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston - Egyptian Collection
- OI-Luxor Chicago House - Photographs & Line drawings of inscriptions and relief scenes from major temples & tombs at Luxor
- Papyrological Resources in Perseus - Includes Greek and Roman papyri from Egypt
- The Plateau - The official website of Dr. Zahi Hawass
- Resource Guide to WWW Sites about Ancient Egyptian Women
- Univ. of Arizona Egyptian Expedition